Welcome to another Gorescript update, we’ve got some really cool stuff to show you this time!
Take a close look. Notice anything different?
What do you think?
Want a closer look to decide? Good news for you. Our free alpha just got an update with the new graphics. Download, give it a go and tell us what you think! (Ohh yeah, there is a new level in there as well).
Are you a Youtuber, or a Streamer, a reviewer, an extraterrestrial being of supreme power, all of the above? Would you like to show Gorescript to your audience? Let us know!
Free Alpha Patch notes:
- A new level was added
- An option to show/hide the HUD (default is on; note that the HUD is always disabled on Masochistic difficulty regardless of this setting)
- An option to show/hide a timer for how much time you spent during your current level run (default is off) – Speedrunners delight!
- Increased the default mouse sensitivity to 0.35 (was 0.2); increased the maximum mouse sensitivity to 4 (was 1).
- Graphical improvements! Added normal maps to walls, floors and ceilings.
- Made a couple of changes to the blue key room in the first level for a smoother first-time experience.
- Added a score system. This score is cumulative across all levels (per save slot) and displayed whenever you complete a level.
- You can improve your score when replaying a certain level (using the “Level select” menu), either by collecting more random powerups (those marked with a question mark on the automap) or by completing the level in less than 3 minutes. Each second under 3 minutes will improve your score.
- Various small UI improvements.
Have you played Gorescript? Here you go.
Gorescript free alpha update
And of course a weekly update would not be complete without… another track from Gorescript’s soundtrack.